Thursday, September 3, 2009

Winter Recap

Winter is officially over, spring has sprung, and I'm about to head off to Canberra to save Homebirth. I'm sure I'll come back with lots of great pics, so I better do a catch-up first as it's been a while since I posted. Well it's been so busy around here...here's just a few of the things we've been doing over the winter.

We got some baby ducks (who are now grown already), and it's been lovely watching them waddle about the place. They are so nice to cuddle and quite smart. It's cute to see how they hang out together too. And we love to see their antics in water!

Umbrella Ducks



As it turns out, they're all boys, so alas, no duck eggs for us, but lovely pets, all the same.



The kids wove cubbies in the she-oak grove - they all had their own "bedroom", with a shared central "living room".
Might sound cliche, but it really was "hours of fun"...

Woven Cubby

We had a fantastic time at the Dreaming Festival again -
highly recommend it, it's on in June every year at the Woodford Folk Festival site.



Here's our camp at the festival. Amazing to think these were bare paddocks about 15 years ago. I helped plant some of these trees in
the 90s and it's so lovely to now be camping in their shade.

I might have to blog about the Dreaming again later, because I have loads of great photos.....

We also went to World Environment Day at the Sunshine Coast University - had a great day, met some interesting animals and ate some yummy food....(those organic sourdough donuts were DIVINE)






We had a homeschool first aid day, where all the kids got to practice bandaging each other, and resuscitate dummies and squirt fake
blood etc. They had a ball. Although there was a lot of giggling about the mouth-to-mouth! (Not sure if any of them actually did it!)




We had a visit from a Majikfaerie who brandished her machete to
help CK make a twirling staff from bamboo....





We went to the "Right to Homebirth" Circus - a show touring to Canberra to raise awareness about the threat to legal Homebirth in Australia.
More about this issue later...
IMG_2659

We went to Australia Zoo and got to meet a Rhino called DJ.




We've been playing with some new facepaints...


And here's our egg-heads - with sprouted wheat grass....


See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you sure have been busy! Great photos! Love the one with the baby duck and those egg heads are gorgeous too! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete