Monday, April 13, 2009

Spontaneous Days

One of the things I love about homeschooling is the flexibility. Not being tied to anyone else's schedule gives us so much freedom to do whatever we want, whenever it suits us. Some days, we just get a really great idea and run with it. And I've always been one who loves a bit of a spontaneous adventure, so I try to create this for the kids every now and then.

I thought I'd share some pics of one such day we had recently, when we thought we'd take a trip into a mountain forest for a picnic. We took along a bag of dress-ups and when we got into the forest we were suddenly in fantasy land. Being a Monday, there were very few other people around and the ones that we did meet very good-naturedly played along with our game. There were a few costume changes along the way, and all characters contributed to the exciting adventure....




2 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely! Must remember to take the dressups out more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like loads of fun! My boys are getting to the age now where they seem to have lost the urge to play dressups! They keep running off with their mates and leaving me behind. One would think this would leave me lots of me time but for some reason I can't find much time for myself lately. Im trying though! LOL!

    ReplyDelete